Fiery crash causes overnight closure of I-15 in Brigham City
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah — Police reopened southbound lanes of I-15 in Brigham City Saturday morning hours after a moving truck crashed with an SUV and ignited a large fire.
The incident happened at the interchange with state road 13. The fire caused the Interstate to be closed for several hours overnight.
The crash happened around 10 p.m. Friday the Brigham Fire Department said. An ambulance transported one person to a hospital but he was treated and released overnight.
The fire started after a moving company semi-trailer collided with a car and rolled over. The trailer was hauling the belongings of two families.
“The fire involved not only the contents of the semi but the fuel and oil that was spilled during the crash,” the fire department said in a Facebook post. “Due to the size of the incident, additional resources from Corinne Fire were requested and assisted during the entire incident.”
The post said crews cut into the trailer in several areas because of the intense flames.
The leaking and burning fluids also caused several grass fires.
Crews from Corinne Fire, Willard Fire, UHP, Brigham Police, Mantua Police, Perry City Police, Box Elder County Sheriffs Office, UDOT, and Box Elder Communications responded to the incident.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)