Police investigate fatal shooting at Salt Lake apartment complex
UPDATE: June 15, 2022 — Jared Charles Lance faces first-degree murder charges for the killing.
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating a fatal shooting of a man at a Salt Lake City apartment complex Sunday afternoon.
According to Salt Lake City police, the victim was followed by a suspect in a car at the Taylor Gardens apartment complex on 1790 S West Temple.
The two got into an argument, and the suspect fatally shot the man in the parking lot and drove away.
Police believe the two knew each other and there is no threat to the public.
We are investigating a deadly shooting at 1790 S West Temple.
We are requesting assistance from the community.
For more information, see our press release: https://t.co/NYK03uKpW1 #SLC #SLCPD #SaltLakeCity pic.twitter.com/J9lmKUBo4x
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) May 29, 2022
They ask that anyone who might have security cameras that capture traffic on West Temple from 1500 South to 2100 South from 11:45 a.m. and 12 p.m. to review their footage and report to police if they caught any speeding cars.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 136150)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 26200)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 9800)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 9341)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 9283)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 6559)