Spring Up with Casey: 30-day walking plan to jumpstart weight loss, boost mental health
SALT LAKE CITY — It’s time to Spring Up with Casey Scott, who on Wednesday is taking advantage of the crisp morning air to start a monthlong walking journey.
Together with the TODAY Show, we are getting back to basics and focusing on small, actionable changes — like a daily walk.
A daily walk is associated with cardiovascular health benefits and weight loss — and it’s an accessible mental-health tool that we can all employ.
The first half of the plan will focus on making 20-minute daily walks a habit. The weekly mental health challenges will help get your head in the game and help you release any stress or anxiety that you’ve been carrying. The second half of the plan will incorporate a strength-training routine to support your cardio plan.
Download a printable calendar here.
Although simple, walking has tons of health benefits, both physical and mental, according to the TODAY Show’s Stephanie Mansour.
Here's the plan if you want to join @caseyscotttv and @alroker.
🟡 1 is a slow 20 min. walk
🔴 2 is a "speed-it-up" 20 min. walk
🚶♀️First half focuses on walking
💪Second half will add in strength training#walkTODAY https://t.co/1wRJLQUrx2 pic.twitter.com/feP9XIAEj2
— Tazya Williams (@tazyawilliams) June 1, 2022
A daily walk is associated with cardiovascular health benefits and weight loss, and if done consistently, walking can improve your cholesterol levels and blood pressure and slow bone decay.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 34675)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 14695)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12863)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 10776)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 9730)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 9376)
- Body found under overpass at 600 North (pageviews: 6779)