Spring Up with Casey: 30-day walking plan to jumpstart weight loss, boost mental health
SALT LAKE CITY — It’s time to Spring Up with Casey Scott, who on Wednesday is taking advantage of the crisp morning air to start a monthlong walking journey.
Together with the TODAY Show, we are getting back to basics and focusing on small, actionable changes — like a daily walk.
A daily walk is associated with cardiovascular health benefits and weight loss — and it’s an accessible mental-health tool that we can all employ.
The first half of the plan will focus on making 20-minute daily walks a habit. The weekly mental health challenges will help get your head in the game and help you release any stress or anxiety that you’ve been carrying. The second half of the plan will incorporate a strength-training routine to support your cardio plan.
Although simple, walking has tons of health benefits, both physical and mental, according to the TODAY Show’s Stephanie Mansour.
🟡 1 is a slow 20 min. walk
🔴 2 is a "speed-it-up" 20 min. walk
— Tazya Williams (@tazyawilliams) June 1, 2022
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)