Utah County Sheriff’s Office investigating ‘ritualistic’ child sex abuse
PROVO, Utah — The Utah County Sheriff’s Office is investigating allegations of “ritualistic child sexual abuse,” and they fear more victims could be out there.
Detectives with the UCSO Special Victims Unit say the alleged crimes and sex trafficking took place between 1990 and 2010 in Utah, Juab and Sanpete counties.
Their investigation began in April 2021 and “discovered that other victims had previously reported similar forms of ritualistic sexual abuse and trafficking.”
Special Victims Unit Detectives with @UCSO, working with investigators from multiple county and federal agencies are investigating reports of ritualistic child sexual abuse from as far back as 1990. We need your help. https://t.co/eJ4rwoElkA
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) May 31, 2022
Investigators are now encouraging victims to come forward so they can “be offered all the assistance possible.”
“We understand that there are individuals who have concerns for their safety and/or well-being, who have been silenced. We need your help,” deputies said.
Anyone with information related to the investigation or who may be a victim of these crimes was asked to contact the Utah County Sheriff’s Office at 801-851-4010.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)