St. George restaurant employees stop would-be robber
ST. GEORGE, Utah — Durango’s employees gave the suspect more than he bargained for when he tried to hold them up for cash.
St. George Police say they received a call for service at the restaurant, located at 245 Red Cliffs Drive, shortly before 10 p.m. Friday.
“Information provided to 911 revealed a male had entered the restaurant, referenced a weapon, threatened to harm employees, and demanded money,” a press release from police said.
Employees complied, but when the suspect went to leave a 17-year-old male employee tackled him, police say, and other employees then assisted him in holding the suspect down.
“The manager on duty, a conceal carry permit holder, came after he heard the commotion and assisted in keeping the suspect on scene until police arrived,” the release said.
Officers took the suspect into custody on arrival, police said.
Police say the suspect came to the area in a stolen vehicle out of Las Vegas. He was recently in custody in Nevada for robbery and kidnapping charges.
No one was injured and the stolen money was returned, they said.
“We would like to thank those involved for their efforts in bringing this subject into custody without any injuries to those involved,” police said.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)