Two car crash, one woman with ‘serious injury’ on I-15, UHP says
MIDVALE, Utah – One woman is hurt after a two-car crash on Interstate-15 Sunday afternoon, according to Utah Highway Patrol.
UHP’s Corporal Tara Wahlberg told KSL TV that the 40-year-old woman has “serious injuries” after a possible medical episode.
The woman was driving southbound with a child in the backseat when she veered off to the left and hit another car, causing a spinout.
She crashed into the wall and then bounced back into traffic.
Wahlberg said that the rest of the traffic stopped, and no other cars were involved.
The other driver had non-life-threatening injuries. The child was not injured.
The Interstate-215 ramp to Southbound I-15 at 7200 South was closed with only one lane open on Southbound I-15.
All lanes and ramps should be open by 6 p.m., according to Wahlberg.
Driver Alert: A crash has closed the I-215 S collector ramp to SB I-15 at exit 297 to 7200 S. One lane is open on SB I-15 at MP 298, 7400 S. Expect major delays. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for more information. @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahTrucking
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 5, 2022
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)