Police identify man shot, killed at SLC apartment complex
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified the man who was shot and killed Monday night at a Salt Lake City apartment complex as 19-year-old Anthony Wheatley.
The chaotic incident began around 7 p.m. at the Seasons At Pebble Creek apartment complex.
“Officers arrived on scene; they found a very chaotic scene here at the apartment complex. Multiple witnesses were telling them that a person had been shot inside of an apartment complex,” Brent Weisberg, spokesperson for the Salt Lake City Police Department, said in a press conference Monday afternoon.
Update: The man killed in this shooting is identified as 19-year-old Anthony Wheatley. Our investigation remains ongoing. No other details can be released at this time. #slc #slcpd #saltlakecity pic.twitter.com/lq8BZ9raT5
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) June 8, 2022
When officers entered, they found Wheatley with multiple gunshot wounds. Life-saving measures were immediately administered, but the 19-year-old died from his injuries on scene.
Three other people were injured in the shooting — which police believe began as a fight inside the apartment unit — and taken to the hospital.
The two who sustained gunshot injuries were identified Tuesday as an 18-year-old man and 19-year-old man. The third injured person, identified as a 21-year-old man, was said to have been hit by a gun.
Police said Tuesday that the 19-year-old and 21-year-old have since been released from the hospital.
No arrests have been made at this time and the investigation remains ongoing.
According to a press release from the SLCPD on Tuesday, the motive in this case is being investigated as an attempted robbery.
Police also said this that this incident appears to be an isolated and targeted incident involving people who know each other.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)