Kaysville Fire crews save unconscious patient from wasp sting
Jun 8, 2022, 4:48 PM | Updated: 4:52 pm
FRUIT HEIGHTS, Utah — A patient has made a full recovery following an allergic reaction to a wasp sting when they were found unconscious.
According to a Facebook post from Kaysville Fire Department, Davis County 911 took an emergency call from a Fruit Heights resident Tuesday evening reporting that they had been stung by a wasp and were struggling to breathe.
The individual was home alone and as Kaysville Fire Crews were responding, the dispatcher heard the line go quiet followed by “loud snorus respirations (agonal breathing) on the open line.”
Fortunately, crews arrived in less than five minutes and found the individual unconscious and not breathing.
They had obvious signs of a severe allergic reaction and were immediately given emergency doses of epinephrine and Benadryl. They also received “advanced airway management.”
The patient was transported to the hospital and due to the actions of the paramedics on scene, the patient’s blood pressure stabilized, they regained consciousness, and were able to maintain their own breathing.
According to the post, “We learned the patient was released from the hospital several hours later and is expected to make a full recovery.”