Utahns react to gas prices reaching $5 average
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH – Utahns are seeing the pain at the pump get worse.
As of Thursday, Utah is now averaging $5 a gallon.
That’s above the national average, which is now at 4.97 cents.
“Dude. It is a lot. It is way too much,” Danni Swanner said.
Swanner, a Utah resident, said the money it takes to fill up her car has more than doubled what it used to be.
“To fill my car up completely, it’s probably like 50 to 60 bucks, and I have an 11-gallon tank,” Swanner said.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) June 9, 2022
On Thursday, AAA dubbed the average price of gas in Utah around $5.
Rewind to last year this time, AAA says Utahns were paying around $3.37.
It presents tough choices for many, like gas money over groceries.
“I’ve had to cut down on other things just for gas which is crazy like I’ve had to cut down on grocery shopping just for gas which is just not healthy,” Swanner said.
Nationally, AAA says Americans are paying around $4.97 for a tank of gas.
🙈⛽️ Close your eyes… that number is climbing!
The average price for a tank of gas in Utah – up now to $5.00 according to @AAAnews.
— Karah Brackin (@KB_ON_TV) June 9, 2022
As someone who says he hauls campers across the country for a living, Gideon Marley said he can attest.
“Yeah, takes the profit out of the job,” Marley said.
He said he’d seen gas in Utah is higher than in some other parts of mid-country, but it’s still better than the East Coast, where he’s seen gas hitting six dollars plus for fuel.
“I’ve used about $1,300 so far from Ohio to here,” Marley said.
What’s causing the almost daily increases we’ve seen? In this week’s edition of KSL+ we reveal if it’s the war in Ukraine, President Joe Biden, or something else.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)