Propane explosion in kitchen injures one
HELPER, Utah — The Helper Fire Department is reminding people to inspect propane appliances after a major kitchen explosion Tuesday.
According to a Facebook post, the Helper Fire Department responded to an explosion at a mountain property in the Colton area, northwest of Helper.
Upon arrival they discovered that a propane explosion had occurred in the outside kitchen area of the cabin where a propane grill was being used.
The post states, “A malfunction in the grill caused propane to settle in the cabinet area, eventually finding an ignition source and causing the explosion.”
One person had minor injuries and was transported by car to a hospital in Utah County.
“This serves as a reminder that with summer in full swing, propane grilles are being used. Please be careful and inspect your propane appliances to ensure they are safe to use. We at Helper Fire want to wish everybody a happy and safe summer.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)