Beaver Co. Commission declares state of economic emergency after Smithfield Foods closure
BEAVER, Utah — Beaver County Commissioners voted unanimously Friday to declare a local state of economic emergency following Smithfield Foods’ announcement that they will be closing two-thirds of their operation.
As Beaver County’s largest employer, Smithfield Foods’ closure will affect over 250 jobs.
“During the existence of this said economic state of emergency the County calls upon all municipal, state and national governments and organizations to assist the county by providing resources to explore ways to maintain the hog operation in Beaver and Iron County and to provide for processing in a responsible and economic profitable manor.”
The County Commission held an emergency meeting Friday afternoon to discuss the issue.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)