Man shot and killed after rear-ending police car, threatening officer with knife
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — A man has died after a chain of events that began with an anonymous call to Springville Police reporting a man at Walmart shooting a gun into the air.
Springville Police Dispatch said they received an anonymous call of a man shooting into the air at Walmart Friday night about 11 p.m.
When officers responded, they say a man followed one officer in a vehicle, eventually crashing into the back of the patrol car.
Out of the vehicles, the officer was confronted by the man now threatening the officer with a knife, police said Saturday morning in a press release.
The officer discharged his gun, and the subject was declared deceased at the scene, police said.
The identity of the man has not been released.
Police say the Utah County Officer-Involved Critical Incident team is investigating the incident and there is no threat to the public.
Springville Police Lt. Warren Foster also said authorities are investigating the possibility that the caller was the man who was shot.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)