Third suspect arrested in connection to fatal SLC shooting and robbery
SALT LAKE CITY — Another suspect has been arrested in connection to a fatal June 6 shooting and robbery at the Seasons at Pebble Creek Apartments in Salt Lake City.
Police say Preston Luke Olson, 18, was booked into jail on one count of aggravated robbery resulting in serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated burglary.
Officers responded to the apartment complex on June 6 and found 19-year-old Anthony Wheatley inside an apartment with multiple gunshot wounds. Wheatley died on scene despite life-saving efforts from first responders.
On Wednesday, 18-year-old Erik Virgen and 20-year-old Malibu Mawson were arrested in southern Utah in connection to the incident.
According to court documents, Virgen and Mawson planned to rob and assault the two residents at the Pebble Creek Apartments on Tuesday night. Olson and 19-year-old Anthony Wheatley, who was killed, were also a part of this plan.
“At some point, a fight broke out between several people inside the apartment. During that fight, multiple rounds were fired,” police said.
Officers said Olson is accused of being inside the apartment and taking orders from Wheatley to start looking for stuff to steal.
Read more here:
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)