Semi leaks 75 gallons of fuel, roads close
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A semi-truck carrying gasoline caused state Route 201 to close with only one lane open Tuesday morning.
According to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Cameron Roden, the truck had its saddle tank punctured, causing about 75 gallons of fuel to spill onto the highway.
The 3200 West onramp was closed, along with the two right lanes.
WB SR 201 at MP 12 (Bangerter Hwy, West Valley) Salt Lake Co.
Right Lane Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 11:00 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 14, 2022
The highway opened up after hazmat crews were able to clean the spill.
Roden said that they are investigating how the tank was punctured.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)