Man booked for stalking female employees in Cedar City, daily
CEDAR CITY, Utah — On Tuesday, a man was booked for repeatedly stalking female employees at a local gas station in Cedar City.
According to arresting documents, 74-year-old Charles Comeford waits for the employees and follows them when they leave the store.
Comeford is known to sit across the street from the gas station and stare at the women while they work.
He is reported to do this daily and stays for most of the day.
Video footage from local businesses shows Comeford attempting to conceal himself and using the businesses as a cover.
One of the victims says that Comeford will follow her when she leaves work and comments about where each female employee lives like their “style of home and color of it.”
The arresting officer comments that this is Comeford’s third arrest for stalking in 30 days and is worried about his escalating behavior.
He continues to break protective orders filed against him.
The officer believes he is gathering the courage to do something “impulsive, and perhaps harm someone.”
Comeford was booked in the Iron County Jail for violation of a civil stalking injunction.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)