Roy wrong way driver in custody, DUI suspected
ROY, Utah — A man was taken into custody after a Roy City Officer observed him traveling west in eastbound lanes and conducted a traffic stop.
Roy City Police shared details in a social media post Sunday.
They say the incident happened about 6 a.m. Sunday on Riverdale Road and 1100 W.
When the officer attempted to stop the vehicle it initially failed to yield. The post said the car did eventually stop at 1900 W and the officer observed open containers of alcohol and appeared impaired.
He was taken into custody for suspicion of DUI and other traffic violations after failing field sobriety tests, Roy Police said.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)