Roy wrong way driver in custody, DUI suspected
ROY, Utah — A man was taken into custody after a Roy City Officer observed him traveling west in eastbound lanes and conducted a traffic stop.
Roy City Police shared details in a social media post Sunday.
They say the incident happened about 6 a.m. Sunday on Riverdale Road and 1100 W.
When the officer attempted to stop the vehicle it initially failed to yield. The post said the car did eventually stop at 1900 W and the officer observed open containers of alcohol and appeared impaired.
He was taken into custody for suspicion of DUI and other traffic violations after failing field sobriety tests, Roy Police said.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)