Strong winds possibly cause a fatal crash on I-80, UHP says
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah – A motorcyclist has died after crashing on Interstate 80 in Tooele County.
According to Utah Highway Patrol, the motorcyclist traveled eastbound on I80 near Lake Point around 1:13 p.m.
The biker left the roadway, overturned, and crashed for an unknown reason.
The biker had fatal injuries, and it’s unknown if they wore a helmet.
UHP troopers believe that the strong winds are a possible factor in this fatal crash.
Officials have not released the identity or gender of the biker.
A second crash involving two cars happened nearby, but UHP said the passengers and drivers had non life-threatening injuries.
UHP didn’t mention if this second crash is tied to the fatal crash.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)