Police: Two teens in custody after cutting man during shoplifting confrontation
TOOELE, Utah — A man is in stable condition after police say he was cut with a knife while confronting two teenagers accused of shoplifting at the Tooele Walmart.
Officials with the Tooele City Police Department said officers were dispatched to the store Sunday afternoon after receiving reports of two teenage males who were trying to steal beer.
Dispatchers reported the teens, ages 14 and 15, were located in the bathroom, where they were confronted by a 40-year-old man.
According to police, one of the teens pulled out a knife and cut the man “on an upper extremity” before fleeing the store.
The teens were located at an apartment complex behind the store and they were taken into custody after a short foot pursuit.
The man who confronted the teens was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Police say the teens were booked into juvenile detention on charges of aggravated robbery, aggravated assault and failure to stop at the command of a police officer.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)