SLC police issue 96 citations, 22 warnings during speed enforcement operation
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say a speed enforcement operation led to 122 stops where 96 citations and 22 warnings were issued on roads leading in and out of Salt Lake City.
Officers stopped several drivers who were traveling 25 mph above the posted speed limit, and several stops included drivers racing each other.
One driver was stopped for driving 98 mph in a 40 mph zone. Police say the woman told officers she was late for a job interview.
In one case, officers stopped a driver for traveling 98 miles per hour in a 40 mile per hour zone. The driver told officers she was late for a job interview. #slc #slcpd #saltlakecity https://t.co/cORueyYR13
— Chief Mike Brown (@ChiefMikeBrown) June 21, 2022
SLC police say there have been 15 fatal crashes in the city this year, and many of the crashes they investigate involve speeding.
“Speeding increases stopping distance and can lead to serious physical injury or death, depending on the crash impact,” officers said.
With 2022 already facing a higher death rate than 2021 — a year that tragically marked a nearly 20-year high in fatalities — KSL TV will investigate trends and report on-air and online to present solutions that can save lives now.
Our Road to Zero Fatalities: You Hold The Key campaign encourages you to join us in pledging to follow the ABCs of safer driving.
Road to Zero Pledge: Protect lives by following the ABCs of safety.
DRIVE ATTENTIVELY: I will eliminate distractions and focus on the road, other vehicles and pedestrians or cyclists while following traffic laws.
DRIVE BUCKLED: I will wear a seat belt and ensure that all those in my vehicle use properly fastened, life-saving seat belts.
DRIVE CALM: I will remember that lives are at stake, not compromise safety when other drivers are inconsiderate, and never use others’ poor driving to excuse my bad driving.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)