6 killed after helicopter crashes onto road in Logan County, West Virginia
(CNN) — Six people were killed after a helicopter crashed in Logan County in southwest West Virginia on Wednesday evening, according to authorities.
A Bell UH-1B helicopter crashed around 5 p.m., according to a statement from the Federal Aviation Administration.
“The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will investigate,” the FAA said.
The helicopter crashed on a rural roadway, the Logan County Office of Emergency Management Deputy Director Sonya Porter told CNN.
In a tweet posted Wednesday night, Gov. Jim Justice said: “Cathy and I are praying for the families of those killed in this tragic helicopter crash.”
Logan County is located near the border with Kentucky.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)