6 killed after helicopter crashes onto road in Logan County, West Virginia
(CNN) — Six people were killed after a helicopter crashed in Logan County in southwest West Virginia on Wednesday evening, according to authorities.
A Bell UH-1B helicopter crashed around 5 p.m., according to a statement from the Federal Aviation Administration.
“The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will investigate,” the FAA said.
The helicopter crashed on a rural roadway, the Logan County Office of Emergency Management Deputy Director Sonya Porter told CNN.
In a tweet posted Wednesday night, Gov. Jim Justice said: “Cathy and I are praying for the families of those killed in this tragic helicopter crash.”
Logan County is located near the border with Kentucky.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)