Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash
WEST WENDOVER, Nev. — A woman from Sandy, Utah, has died following a crash on U.S. Highway 93 Alternate in Elko County, Nevada.
Nevada State Police said Gennady Sarkisov, 45, was ejected from the vehicle and died while a passenger was seriously injured.
Neither occupant was wearing a seat belt and authorities are investigating impairment as a contributing factor in the crash.
The crash happened on June 14 about 7 miles south of West Wendover, Nevada. Officials said the vehicle, a white Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV, was traveling north on U.S. 93A around 4:30 a.m. PDT when it crossed the center line and southbound lane, leaving the roadway.
The driver, identified by state police as Sarkisov, overcorrected, which caused the Suzuki to rotate. The vehicle then hit a highway paddle marker, went back across the road and came to a rest on its side.
Sarkisov was ejected from the Suzuki and died on scene, according to state police. The vehicle’s other occupant was transported to an area hospital with serious injuries, and no update on their condition was provided.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)