Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash
WEST WENDOVER, Nev. — A woman from Sandy, Utah, has died following a crash on U.S. Highway 93 Alternate in Elko County, Nevada.
Nevada State Police said Gennady Sarkisov, 45, was ejected from the vehicle and died while a passenger was seriously injured.
Neither occupant was wearing a seat belt and authorities are investigating impairment as a contributing factor in the crash.
The crash happened on June 14 about 7 miles south of West Wendover, Nevada. Officials said the vehicle, a white Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV, was traveling north on U.S. 93A around 4:30 a.m. PDT when it crossed the center line and southbound lane, leaving the roadway.
The driver, identified by state police as Sarkisov, overcorrected, which caused the Suzuki to rotate. The vehicle then hit a highway paddle marker, went back across the road and came to a rest on its side.
Sarkisov was ejected from the Suzuki and died on scene, according to state police. The vehicle’s other occupant was transported to an area hospital with serious injuries, and no update on their condition was provided.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)