Utah County Commissioner clarifies ‘incorrect’ quotes used in Leavitt mailers
UTAH COUNTY, Utah – Utah County Commissioner Amelia Gardner distances herself from Utah County Attorney David Leavitt after an “incorrect and unauthorized quote” was used without her permission.
In a statement sent to KSL-TV from a party representing Gardner, they noticed Leavitt’s campaign sent out mailers to Utah County residents implying that Gardner is endorsing Leavitt.
The mailers show Garnder’s portrait with a Facebook post she made on March 18, 2021, saying, “he (Leavitt) once again shows that he is a true defense of true justice. We are so lucky to have a county attorney who cares more about justice than prosecution numbers. His reforms should be a model for the nation.”
However, Gardner’s statement clarifies that the quote was a post “regarding a program” from Leavitt’s office, and it’s not “an endorsement on Mr. Leavitt as a current candidate.”
“To be clear, I have made no endorsement in the Utah County Attorney race and did not give consent for my name, photo, or quote to be used, especially when quoted incorrectly,” Gardner said in the statement.
KSL-TV attempted to contact Leavitt’s office for a response, but they haven’t responded at this time.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)