Utah County Commissioner clarifies ‘incorrect’ quotes used in Leavitt mailers
UTAH COUNTY, Utah – Utah County Commissioner Amelia Gardner distances herself from Utah County Attorney David Leavitt after an “incorrect and unauthorized quote” was used without her permission.
In a statement sent to KSL-TV from a party representing Gardner, they noticed Leavitt’s campaign sent out mailers to Utah County residents implying that Gardner is endorsing Leavitt.
The mailers show Garnder’s portrait with a Facebook post she made on March 18, 2021, saying, “he (Leavitt) once again shows that he is a true defense of true justice. We are so lucky to have a county attorney who cares more about justice than prosecution numbers. His reforms should be a model for the nation.”
However, Gardner’s statement clarifies that the quote was a post “regarding a program” from Leavitt’s office, and it’s not “an endorsement on Mr. Leavitt as a current candidate.”
“To be clear, I have made no endorsement in the Utah County Attorney race and did not give consent for my name, photo, or quote to be used, especially when quoted incorrectly,” Gardner said in the statement.
KSL-TV attempted to contact Leavitt’s office for a response, but they haven’t responded at this time.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)