Three with minor injuries after car hits UHP patrol car
SALT LAKE CITY — Three people including a UHP trooper have minor injuries after a car struck the trooper who was issuing a citation for a vehicle they had pulled over.
According to Sgt. Cameron Roden with UHP, the trooper initially made a traffic stop on Interstate 215 near 900 West. The trooper was stopped on the right shoulder behind the car he had pulled over.
As he was sitting in his car, working on the citation, a vehicle “drifted off and hit the back of his patrol car.”
That hit pushed him into the back of the car he had just pulled over.
The trooper and other two drivers had minor injuries.
View this post on Instagram
EB I-215 S at MP 11 (900 W, Murray) Salt Lake Co.
Right Lanes Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 11:15 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 28, 2022
The crash was handled by Murray Police Department.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)