Former Kaysville and Ogden Fire Captain passes away
Jun 28, 2022, 4:00 PM
(Courtesy: Kaysville Fire Department)
KAYSVILLE, Utah — Retired Kaysville Fire Captain Steve Gunnell, passed away from complications related to COVID-19, Kaysville Fire Department announced Tuesday.
According to the department, Gunnell served on Kaysville Fire Department for 33 years before retiring in 2019. He had previously worked for the Ogden Fire Department, where he retired as a captain in 2014.
A social media post from the department states, “Steve was a great asset to our community and a beloved friend of his fellow firefighters. In retirement Steve worked at the Davis County vaccine clinic, helping to vaccinate thousands of residents against Covid-19. We thank Captain Gunnell for his decades of service to the people of Davis and Weber counties.
We share our love and condolences with Steve’s children, grandchildren, and girlfriend as they mourn this great loss.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 35010)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 17846)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 12181)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 7418)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 6628)
- Teen dead, others injured after rollover crash in Juab County (pageviews: 6564)