Two extricated, taken to the hospital after head-on crash in Brigham City
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah — Two people were extricated from their vehicles Tuesday following a head-on collision in Brigham City.
The crash happened at 200 E. 200 South.
Officials with the Brigham City Fire Department said both patients were in critical condition.
“One patient was transported by ambulance to Brigham Community Hospital, where they were stabilized and later flown to a neighboring hospital for further care. The second patient was flown directly from the scene to a hospital in the Ogden area,” a Facebook post from the Brigham City Fire Department Tuesday afternoon stated.
Authorities were notified about the crash while responding to an incident near 900 North and 500 West.
Fire officials said around 8:47 a.m., a large, high-pressure gas main was hit during excavation work.
“Multiple crews were dispatched to the scene to evacuate the area, ensure residents’ safety, and perform safety monitoring while the gas company mitigated the leak,” the post stated.
And while police and fire personnel were responding to the first two incidents, a call to another traumatic medical incident in Willard came in.
“Special thanks to Corinne Fire, BCPD, and Public Works for helping with the gas leak incident. Our thanks to Willard Fire, UHP, BCPD, Perry PD, LifeFlight, AirMed, and all other agencies who assisted in the motor vehicle accident. A huge thank you to our communications center, Box Elder Communications, who handled the phone calls, and radio traffic for all of these incidents. Without all of you, none of this is possible,” the post concluded.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 129954)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 34070)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 10035)
- Nashville police release bodycam footage of police shooting school attacker (pageviews: 9873)
- 3 victims in Box Elder County crash identified (pageviews: 9578)
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 8348)