Fire breaks out at boys summer camp near Camp David
(CNN) — A large fire is burning in the dining hall of a Maryland Jewish summer camp for boys, according to a statement posted to Camp Airy’s social media Wednesday morning.
No one was injured, but the extent of the damage isn’t clear, the camp’s post said.
Camp Airy is in Frederick County, Maryland, about 7 miles from Camp David.
The fire was reported at around 7:30 a.m. in the camp’s dining hall, known as the White House, said camp officials.
“We want to applaud our counselors and senior staff for keeping our campers calm and safe throughout this event, and thank the first responders who remain on site for clean-up efforts,” said the post.
CNN has reached out to Frederick County Fire and Rescue for information.
The building serves as a center of camp activity in addition to being the dining hall, the camp said.
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 27530)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 9496)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8374)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 6508)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 4092)
- Search continues for Utah man shot at during police confrontation, abduction (pageviews: 2987)