Study says Utah among the most expensive states for road tripping this summer
A recent study names Utah as the third most expensive state for those road tripping this summer.
Gunther Motor Company ranked the most expensive states based on the following factors: the average cost of gas in each state as of June 2022, the most popular car model in each state and the mileage per gallon (city/highway), the average road trip distance in 2022, and how many gallons of gas would be required for the road trip in total.
According to the study, Utah had an average of $116.12 in gas costs for a road trip this summer based on driving a Ford F-Series Pickup, which is the most popular car model in the state.
The top 5 most expensive states for roadtrippers this summer:
1. Arkansas: $122.23
2. Iowa: $116.64
3. Utah: $116.12
4. North Dakota: $113.78
5. New Mexico: $113.42
The full chart with each state’s ranking can be found here.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)