8-year-old boy hit by car while riding scooter in Riverton
Jul 1, 2022, 9:25 PM | Updated: 10:06 pm
RIVERTON, Utah — An 8-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital Friday after he was struck by a car in Riverton.
Sgt. John Arnoldsen with the Riverton Police Department said the boy was riding his scooter near 12600 South and 4300 West when he rode into the street. The driver did not see the boy and hit him.
The 8-year-old sustained a head injury was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital.
As of 10 p.m., the boy is in stable condition.
Arnoldsen said the driver was not injured and is cooperating with the investigation.
Police told KSL late Friday night that impairment was not involved.
Additional information was not immediately available.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)