8-year-old boy hit by car while riding scooter in Riverton
RIVERTON, Utah — An 8-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital Friday after he was struck by a car in Riverton.
Sgt. John Arnoldsen with the Riverton Police Department said the boy was riding his scooter near 12600 South and 4300 West when he rode into the street. The driver did not see the boy and hit him.
The 8-year-old sustained a head injury was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital.
As of 10 p.m., the boy is in stable condition.
Arnoldsen said the driver was not injured and is cooperating with the investigation.
Police told KSL late Friday night that impairment was not involved.
Additional information was not immediately available.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)