Firefighters battled against two smaller fires Sunday night
UTAH – While fire crews battled against the Deuel Creek Fire in Centerville, other first responders handled two other blazes Sunday night.
Saratoga Springs Fire Department Deputy Chief Kenny Johnson said the brush fire happened in Saratoga Springs near Spinnaker Bay Drive around 10 p.m.
The fire was about 1.5 acres and is believed to be caused by an aerial firework that tipped over sideways. The person responsible called 9-1-1 and was cooperative with first responders.
“With the winds this evening, we’re really asking people to consider the safety of aerial fireworks,” Johnson said.
According to Unified Fire’s Aaron Lance, the other fire happened in Magna as a field fire threatened structures near 8400 West, 4100 South at approximately 11:40 p.m.
This fire was around 15 to 20 acres, and the cause is still under investigation. No one was injured or displaced from the fire, Lance said.
Meanwhile, the Deuel Creek Fire is still ongoing in Centerville as it’s around acres 128 and is not contained.
Fire investigators are asking the public for any information on Deuel Creek’s start to contact Centerville Police at 801-292-8441.
#DeuelCreekFire Helicopters were able to assist ground resources this morning and early afternoon with bucket drops, to minimize active flames. Fire behavior remains minimal, despite today’s heat. No updated acreage or % contained at this time pic.twitter.com/Yrm477XuJj
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 4, 2022
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)