Motorcyclist killed in NB I-15 crash in Davis County; lanes reopened
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — A motorcyclist was killed in a crash that temporarily closed northbound Interstate 15 Tuesday morning.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said the crash happened near the Beck Street onramp around 1:25 a.m.
According to state troopers, the motorcyclist was entering I-15 from the U.S. Highway 89 onramp when they lost control and went off to the right, hitting the concrete barrier.
The motorcycle then overturned and was struck by two other vehicles. Roden said the motorcyclist died at the scene of the crash.
In a statement: says prelim investigation shows the motorcycle was getting onto I-15 from the US-89 NB on ramp.
Driver lost control, going off to the right, hitting the barrier, and overturned into traffic where they were hit by two other vehicles. @UTHighwayPatrol @KSL5TV
— Karah Brackin (@KB_ON_TV) July 5, 2022
Northbound I-15 was closed for several hours while investigators were on scene, and lanes have since reopened.
Speed is being investigated as a factor in the crash, and troopers have not released the motorcyclist’s identity.
“Just like anybody motorcyclists need to be seen but they also need to slow it down. The speeds out here on the Wasatch Front are too high, and they’re treating it too lightly,” Roden said.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)