One dead after head-on collision in southern Utah
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — One person died Friday following a head-on collision in Washington County.
The incident happened on state Route 9, just east of milepost 4, around 2:14 p.m.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a Hyundai Sonata was traveling westbound on S.R. 9 when it crossed the center line, into the eastbound lanes, and collided head-on with a Toyota Tacoma at the driver’s side.
“The Sonata began to turn left after the initial collision and was t-boned on the passenger side by another eastbound Mazda SUV that was directly behind the Tacoma,” a press release from UHP stated Tuesday.
Following the collisions, the Tacoma and Mazda veered off the eastbound roadway, coming to a rest just off the eastbound shoulder, while the Sonata came to a stop, blocking the middle continuous left-turn lane.
Troopers said a 23-year-old man, who was driving the Toyota Tacoma, died on scene. The two other drivers and three other passengers of the vehicles involved were transported to local hospitals with no life-threatening injuries.
Lane restrictions were in place for about four hours, according to troopers, while an on-scene investigation was conducted.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 27530)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 9496)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8374)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 6508)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 4092)
- Search continues for Utah man shot at during police confrontation, abduction (pageviews: 2987)