One injured in Morgan County rollover crash
MORGAN COUNTY, Utah — Authorities say one person was hospitalized after rolling their Jeep in a remote part of Morgan County.
Officials with Morgan County Fire & EMS said the crash happened near the top of Big Mountain on state Route 65 just before 3 a.m. Wednesday.
The driver failed to negotiate a sharp turn in the road and rolled several times before landing in the trees below.
Emergency crews said the driver was able to kick a hole in the Jeep’s windshield and crawl out of the vehicle.
While the area sees little traffic at night, county officials said a nearby campsite was occupied. Some of those occupants heard the driver’s calls for help and called 911.
The driver was later transported to an area hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 34675)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 14695)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12863)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 10776)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 9730)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 9376)
- Body found under overpass at 600 North (pageviews: 6779)