Two in critical condition after crash on Redwood Road
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah —A man and a woman are in critical condition after a collision with a truck at 14600 South and Redwood Road.
According to Andrew Burton, Chief of Police for Saratoga Springs, around 4:15 p.m. a pickup truck was headed northbound on Redwood Road while a Sedan passenger car was headed westbound on 14600 S.
The two cars collided in the intersection although the area does have a traffic light.
Burton said the information from preliminary witnesses suggests that the pickup truck ran through a red light signal.
The man and woman in the Sedan were both in critical condition, one taken from the scene in a medical helicopter while the other was transported by ambulance.
Also in the sedan was a child around the age of one, who is in fair condition according to police.
The driver of the pickup truck was treated on scene and is in good condition.
Because of the severity of the injuries and the need for a helicopter, Redwood Road was detoured in both directions.
As of 6:20 p.m. south bound lanes were opened, however northbound is still detoured at 14600 South until the investigation is done.
Police advise drivers to avoid the area and take another route.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)