Red flag warnings in effect for several counties in Utah
Jul 8, 2022, 11:12 AM
(The National Weather Service Salt Lake City)
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — High, triple digit temperatures and a lack of rain have led to red flag warnings for multiple counties in Utah Friday.
A red flag warning is issued when there is imminent fire danger due to low humidity, less than 25%, high temperatures, and high winds.
A red flag warning was issued for almost the entire west half of the state for Friday and Saturday including the following counties: Box Elder, Tooele, Juab, Millard, Beaver, Iron, Washington, along with large portions of Weber, Davis, Salt Lake, Utah, and San Pete.
Wind is expected to be 10-20 mph with 35 mph gusts along with humidity as low as 5 percent.
Critical fire weather conditions are likely, and fires may spread rapidly.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)