Spanish Fork police investigating after body found near dumpster
SPANISH FORK, Utah — An investigation is underway after a body was found next to a Spanish Fork dumpster on Friday.
Officials with the Spanish Fork Police Department said officers were dispatched to the area of 1200 North and 400 East around 6:30 a.m. after the body was located.
Emergency crews arrived and identified the victim as a middle-aged adult male who police believe was experiencing homelessness at the time.
The victim was identified Monday as 49 year old Ryan Hooley of Spanish Fork.
Police said circumstances surrounding the death are suspicious, and it is being investigated as a homicide.
While being interviewed in Ogden for a crime, 28-year-old Christian Taele confessed to a homicide in Spanish Fork, describing details of the homicide and crime scene that had “not been released to the public.”
Taele is being held in Weber County Jail on their charges.
Investigators were working with the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner to determine the cause and time of death.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 93090)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 18277)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 16676)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 11859)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 10416)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 10018)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6721)