Motorcyclist dies after crashing into guardrail in Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A woman has died after she went too fast around a turn on her motorcycle and crashed into a guardrail on state Route 20.
The incident happened near milepost 11.5 around 12:50 p.m. Friday.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a Harley Davidson motorcycle was traveling eastbound on S.R. 20 when, according to the initial investigation, it was going too fast around a left-hand corner turn and slid off the right side of the road.
“The female motorcyclist was separated from the motorcycle and hit the guardrail, sustaining life threatening injuries,” a press release from UHP stated Friday.
Unfortunately, the woman died as a result of her injuries.
UHP officials said the woman’s husband was traveling behind her on a separate motorcycle at the time of the crash.
The right lane was closed for several hours while authorities investigated the scene.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 129954)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 34070)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 10035)
- Nashville police release bodycam footage of police shooting school attacker (pageviews: 9873)
- 3 victims in Box Elder County crash identified (pageviews: 9578)
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 8348)