Motorcyclist dies after crashing into guardrail in Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A woman has died after she went too fast around a turn on her motorcycle and crashed into a guardrail on state Route 20.
The incident happened near milepost 11.5 around 12:50 p.m. Friday.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a Harley Davidson motorcycle was traveling eastbound on S.R. 20 when, according to the initial investigation, it was going too fast around a left-hand corner turn and slid off the right side of the road.
“The female motorcyclist was separated from the motorcycle and hit the guardrail, sustaining life threatening injuries,” a press release from UHP stated Friday.
Unfortunately, the woman died as a result of her injuries.
UHP officials said the woman’s husband was traveling behind her on a separate motorcycle at the time of the crash.
The right lane was closed for several hours while authorities investigated the scene.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)