Police: Two injured in five-car crash on Mtn View Corridor; 6-year-old flown to hospital
Jul 10, 2022, 10:09 PM | Updated: Jul 26, 2022, 4:05 pm
(Courtesy: Marley Finn)
RIVERTON, Utah — Police are handling a five-car crash with two “critically injured” Sunday night.
According to Chief Don Hutson with the Riverton Police Department, a 40-year-old mother and her 6-year-old were driving on Mountain View Corridor at 13400 South when they were hit by a car running a red light.
This caused three other cars to be involved, blocking the intersection.
The 6-year-old was airlifted to the hospital, while the mother was transported by ground, according to Hutson.
The other drivers and passengers had minor injuries.
The intersection was closed in all directions and expected to open up around midnight as the crash team investigates the crash.
This article will be updated.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 136150)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 26200)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 9800)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 9341)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 9283)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 6559)