Crews battling new wildfire near Little Dell Reservoir
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A new wildfire has started near the Little Dell Recreation Area and Interstate 80.
Unified Fire Authority public information officer Ryan Love said the Little Dell Fire has burned between eight and 10 acres. It was first reported around 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Love said two crews — one from UFA and another from the Salt Lake City Fire Department — are on scene and they expect two single air tankers to assist in firefighting efforts, along with Type 1 helicopters.
New Start: #LittleDellFire
07/11 @ 6:50am
UFA & SLCFD crews notified of a new start in Parleys Canyon (Mountian Dell Canyon) at 1:30am. Currently the fire is 8-10 acres with low fire behavior/low rate of spread. No communities threatened at this time.@UtahWildfire #PIORL pic.twitter.com/GB91MBwYkK
— Unified Fire (@FireAuthority) July 11, 2022
Crews will access Little Dell Reservoir for all water pickups and no structures are threatened by the flames.
Love said firefighters expect the blaze to grow as temperatures rise throughout the day.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)