Utah man in custody for allegedly strangling, hanging a man from gym equipment
OGDEN, Utah— A Utah man is in custody on suspicion of murder after strangling and beating a man and then hanging him from gym equipment court documents state.
The man in custody was identified as 28-year-old Christian Taele.
Around 7:12 p.m. Saturday, police responded to a call that a man had beat and hung another man at an apartment complex near 2433 Adams Ave in Ogden.
Upon arrival, police found Taele who was on the scene, and recovered the victim who was “partially hanging by the neck from a piece of gym equipment.”
The victim was taken to a hospital for life saving measures, but at this point has had no brain activity. The hospital is “awaiting arrival of the victim’s next of kin to determine how to proceed with the victim’s medical care.”
The victim’s identity was released on July 18, after he succumbed to his injuries. He was identified as 23-year-old Tyler Belinti.
A witness told police he was close to the victim outside of the apartment when the incident occurred and that Taele had strangled and beat the man before dragging him into the gym.
Investigators spoke to Taele about the incident he confessed to strangling the victim and dragging him to the gym with “an intention to take his life.”
According to court documents, the attack was unprovoked and there was no indication that the suspect and victim had ever spoken before the attack.
While being interviewed in Ogden, Taele confessed to a homicide in Spanish Fork, describing details of the homicide and crime scene that had “not been released to the public.”
JULY 11, 2022
UPDATE TO SUSPICIOUS DEATH IN SPANISH FORK ON JULY 8, 2022https://t.co/sTPliEXc1v
— Spanish Fork Police, Fire & EMS (@SpanishForkPD) July 11, 2022
Taele is considered a suspect for the death of a man found near a dumpster in Spanish Fork.
The man found near a dumpster was identified by police as 49 year old Ryan Hooley of Spanish Fork.
Taele stated he killed both victims because he was “directed by a higher power” to “purge the city.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 34675)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 14695)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12863)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 10776)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 9730)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 9376)
- Body found under overpass at 600 North (pageviews: 6779)