UPDATE: Man found dead after being swept away by Colorado River
Jul 12, 2022, 6:45 AM | Updated: 3:19 pm
(Grand County Sheriff's Office/Facebook)
UPDATE: Grand County Sheriff’s office has found Clay Petty decreased Tuesday morning.
According to a press release from the office, they found his body around 10:03 a.m. about a mile south of the Potash Boat Ramp on the Colorado River.
MOAB, Utah — The Grand County Sheriff’s Office says crews are searching for a man who was swept away by the Colorado River near Moab.
Deputies said the man, identified as Clay Petty, was helping someone cross the river near the Potash Boat Ramp around 3:30 p.m. Sunday when he was swept downstream.
Petty has not been located as of Tuesday morning, and Grand County deputies are leading the multi-agency search.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 93090)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 18277)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 16676)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 11859)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 10416)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 10018)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6721)