Kearns man arrested in connection to two shootings in two days
SALT LAKE CITY —Police arrested a man who allegedly shot a victim at a Sandy hotel and two days later fired shots outside a second hotel in West Valley City.
On Sunday, July 10, police responded to an argument between two men at the Extended Comfort Motel on South Auto Mall Drive in Sandy.
Court documents said Semaj Davis, 22, pointed a gun at the other man and then shot him in the abdomen.
The victim was being treated for non-life threatening injuries at last report.
Davis then fled the scene in a silver Hyundai sedan, according to the document.
The document said, “Semaj (Davis) was also identified in multiple lineups as the shooter of the victim at the hotel.”
Then on Tuesday, July 12, Sandy detectives found out that Davis had been arrested after a shooting at the Comfort Inn in West Valley City on W. City Center Court.
The documents said he fired a pistol at another man but missed.
West Valley officers arrived and quickly tracked Davis to a room at the Comfort Inn.
Court documents said when Sandy detectives arrived, they found the same Hyundai from the Sunday incident. They also found a pistol identical to the one witnesses described in that incident.
Sandy detectives then executed a search warrant at Davis’s residence near 5900 South and 4100 West in Kearns.
Investigators found a black hat that matched the description of a hat witnesses said Davis was wearing at the Sunday shooting.
The probable cause statement said Sandy detectives took Davis into custody. He was uncooperative during interviews but told investigators he was drunk and had special needs.
Detectives booked him into the Salt Lake Cunty Jail where he faces a charge of aggravated assault resulting in serious injury.
Davis was on parole with Utah Adult Probation and Parole for aggravated robbery the court document stated.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)