Provo police reviewing possible violation of use of force policy
Jul 13, 2022, 6:55 PM
(Provo Police Department/Facebook)
PROVO, Utah — The Provo Police Department announced they are looking into a possible case of excessive force Wednesday evening.
According to the media release, the department is aware of a social media video that “captured part of an arrest and use of force incident.”
Press Release pic.twitter.com/ZJk9rOXR2I
— Provo Police (@ProvoPolice) July 14, 2022
“The Provo Police Department takes all uses of force seriously,” the release states, and is reviewing the incident.
They also referred to their policy of use of force from their website, which is below.
Utah Provo Police Department Policy 300: Use of Force by Michael Houck on Scribd
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)