Child dies after being found unresponsive in backyard pool
KEARNS, Utah — A 15-month-old girl has died after she was found unresponsive in a pool in Kearns.
Authorities were called out to the area of 5600 South and 4540 West around 5:10 p.m. Friday.
Det. Arlan Bennett with the Unified Police Department told KSL that children were playing in the backyard when the child crawled into a small pool.
“The family actually had preventative measures for the pool area that we’re not sure if either another child or one of the pets opened the gate and that’s how it got access,” Bennett said.
The 15-month-old was then flown in a medical helicopter to Primary Children’s Hospital.
She was pronounced dead around 6:20 p.m.
“It’s just a tragic accident, nothing suspicious,” Bennett said.
This article will be updated as additional information becomes available.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)