New fire sparks along I-15 between Juab, Utah counties
JUAB COUNTY, Utah — A new fire has sparked along Interstate 15 between Juab and Utah counties.
State fire officials have estimated the Precision Fire — located at mile marker 241 — has burned over 35 acres, as of 9:03 p.m.
Firefighters working the #PrecisionFire are estimating the blaze has burned over 35 acres. Multiple local, state & federal resources are working to secure containment lines tonight. All lanes of I-15 NB are open. Cause looks to be human but remains under investigation. #kmyffsl pic.twitter.com/8iiIjfjOKK
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 17, 2022
“The fire is spreading rapidly,” a tweet from Utah Fire Info stated Saturday evening.
Multiple local, state and federal resources are actively working to secure containment lines, according to state fire officials.
The right lane on northbound I-15 was closed for a time, but all lanes have since reopened.
Fire affecting roadway
NB I-15 at MP 241 (2 mi S of Santaquin) Juab Co.
Right Lane Closed
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) July 17, 2022
The fire looks to be human caused, according to state fire officials, but remains under investigation.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)