Men who saved man in grocery store reunited for the first time
RIVERTON, Utah — Two men who helped save a man after he collapsed while grocery shopping were reunited Monday.
Cameron Cole and Colt Sirstins didn’t know each other before last week. Now, they share a bond they’ll never forget with another man, Scott Claire.
Claire is home from the hospital after an event that would have killed him had Cole and Sirstins not stepped in to perform CPR.
Doctors say Claire had a cardiovascular event, which basically means his heart stopped for no apparent reason. The event landed the 47-year-old man face down on the floor of Walmart.
“It’s just a random thing,” Claire said about that night. “It happened in the store. They said I just collapsed, and my heart stopped.”
Lucky for him, Cole and Sirstins saw him and jumped in to help.
“I looked over there and saw Scott laying face down,” Cole said.
Now Claire’s out of the hospital and the three men enjoyed getting together, talking about what happened that night and what’s in store for the future.
“Hopefully this is the beginning of a lifelong friendship,” Sirstins said.
And Claire said he’s ready to stop wasting time and live life to the fullest after cheating death.
“I’m a (Los Angeles) Rams fan, so I want to go to see their new stadium up in Inglewood, so I’m excited about that.”
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 23876)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 19018)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6272)
- Layton family cherishes every moment after 7-year-old daughter is given months to live (pageviews: 4249)
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways (pageviews: 4145)
- Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead (pageviews: 3964)