Human remains found by hiker in Corner Canyon area
DRAPER, Utah — Police say skeletal remains were found by a hiker in a dried-up creek bed near the Ghost Falls Trail in Draper.
Lt. Pat Evans with the Draper Police Department said they received the call from the hiker, who was off-trail, around 8 p.m. Monday.
Canyon patrol officers from the Unified Police Department were initially dispatched to the area before they determined the remains were in the Corner Canyon area, within Draper city limits.
Detectives believe the skeletal remains have been there for two or three years.
Evans said they believe the person was reported missing out of another city and they possibly know the person’s identity. However, police are waiting for official confirmation from the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner and will contact family members before releasing that information.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)