Man, dog dead after rollover crash in Summit County
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — A 39-year-old man and a dog have died following a rollover crash on Weber Canyon Road in Summit County.
Deputies with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office said they believe the man was traveling west toward Oakley when he crashed.
A construction worker reported the crash at 6:12 a.m. Wednesday after seeing the overturned vehicle, but investigators have not determined when the crash happened.
Deputies said evidence at the scene suggests the man was traveling at a high rate of speed and failed to navigate a bend in the road.
The vehicle left the roadway, went airborne over a river and landed upside down on the riverbank, according to deputies.
The Utah Highway Patrol is assisting in the investigation, and authorities do not know if any other factors contributed to the crash.
Deputies will release the victim’s name once family members have been notified. Emergency crews said the dog also died in the crash.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)