Thousands without power due to outage in Pleasant Grove
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — Just over 6,000 Rocky Mountain Power customers were without power Thursday morning in Utah County.
RMP officials said the outage is due to substation problems that were reported around 5:30 a.m.
Crews hope to have power restored by 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
We are aware of the large power outage in Pleasant Grove impacting 6,055 customers. Crews have been dispatched to investigate/repair. Currently the ETR is 11:30 am. To report and outage, text OUT to 759677 or visit https://t.co/5KJ7zd0MQ1
— Rocky Mountain Power UT (@RMP_Utah) July 21, 2022
Temperatures will reach into the high 90s and low 100s across the Wasatch Front on Thursday, while parts of southern Utah are under an excessive heat warning through Friday night.
Meteorologists said southern Utah will see limited overnight cooling, with Friday morning lows as warm as the lower 80s in St. George and Lake Powell.
Parts of central Utah are now also under an excessive heat watch. Highs in Moab, Green River and Delta are expected to pass 100 degrees on Friday, with St, George passing 110 degrees.
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) July 21, 2022
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)