Human remains found near Draper trail believed to be missing Millcreek man
DRAPER, Utah — A wallet containing the driver’s license of a missing Millcreek man was located near skeletal remains that were found by a hiker earlier this week.
Officials with the Draper Police Department said the license belongs to 53-year-old Bradley Cutler, and they believe the remains are his.
A hiker located the decomposing remains while hiking off-trail near the Ghost Falls Trail on Monday.
“He found himself in a dried-up creek bed that he was walking through, and he came upon human remains, ” said Lt. Pat Evans from Draper police.
Draper police investigators and crime scene technicians, along with crews from the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner, recovered the remains and said no obvious signs of foul play were observed.
“Obviously a lot of relief, in situations like this they often times people presume something bad has happened, and from what I understand they were relieved they could finally have some closure,” Evans said.
Cutler was reported missing out of Millcreek in 2019.
State officials were still working to officially confirm the man’s identity as of Thursday morning.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 93090)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 18277)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 16676)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 11859)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 10416)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 10018)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6721)