Rescue crews search for missing paddleboarder
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — Search and rescue crews are searching for a man who is missing after falling into the Rockport reservoir Thursday evening.
According to Summit County Sheriff’s office Captain Andrew Wright, people saw a male paddleboarder and his dog fall into the water, but the man never resurfaced around 7 p.m.
Multiple agencies are responding to help the search with drones, sonar, and helicopters.
The dog made it to the shore safely.
We have activated our search and rescue water rescue team and our drone team for a possible drowning at Rockport State Park. @UtahStateParks is also responding. We will share more info as we learn it. #searchandrescue #summitcounty #UtahStateParks pic.twitter.com/cHwXTMEN9i
— Sheriff Justin (@SummitCountySO) July 22, 2022
This story will be updated with more info when provided.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)